Get tested for many Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI's) at Women's Health Specialists. You can bring partner(s) or come alone.
Kinds Of STi's
STI's can be though of as:
Parasites (curable): Pubic Lice, Trichomonas
Bacterial (curable): Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Viral (not curable, but treatable): Hepatitis, Herpes, HIV, AIDS, Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), which include strains that may cause genital warts or cervical changes.
Most Common STI Infections
Infections that can be transmitted via sexual activity most commonly are chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomonas, HIV/AIDS. Yeast and bacteria can be sexually transmitted, but women can commonly get them for other reasons (i.e., taking antibiotics, birth control pills). HIV and Hepatitis B can be transmitted by sexual activity or sharing needles for IV drug use.
Test Your Knowledge
1. True or False: A person of any gender can give a sexually transmitted infection to a person of any gender.
2. True or False: Condoms and dental dams are HIGHLY effective ways to prevent the transmission of many sexually transmitted infections
3. True or False: Many sexually transmitted infections do not have symptoms, and people may not know their status.
4. True or False: If you're have anal, vaginal or oral sex, the only way to know if you've been exposed to an STI is to get tested.
5. True or False: Most people will have a sexually transmitted infection during the course of their lifetime.