- NP CNM or PA-C Position in Sacramento, Chico or Redding CA
- Chico, Full Time Bilingual Phone Counselor
Women’s Health Specialists of California (WHS) is a Feminist Women’s Health Center providing reproductive health services, including abortion care, birth control and sexual health screening. We have served over 35,000 women and men per year since opening in 1975. Our non-profit organization operates four licensed community clinics and four satellite sites, serving a 40 county region of California. Other WHS programs include: Adoption Choices of Northern California, Young Women’s Health Leadership Program, and the Community Outreach and Education Program.
“We have a vision: A world where women control their own bodies, reproduction and sexuality. Women’s Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating all options for all women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.”
NP, CNM or PA-C Position in Sacramento, Chico or Redding:
Women's Health Specialists is looking for a reliable, sharp, pro-choice clinician, full time or part time. Duties include providing nursing and medical care to clients seeking reproductive healthcare, being a medical resource to the clinic team, and following established protocols.
- Current California Licensure (RN/NP, PA-C, CNM)
- Current Furnishing License (or willingness to obtain) in the state of California
- Experience in Women's Health desirable
- Must agree with the goals and philosophy of Women's Health Specialists
- Obtain, record, review, and interpret the medical and social history of clients
- Perform physical exams for clients of all gender expression with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast exams, pelvic exams, genital exams, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections, etc.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic studies as indicated by protocols.
- Dispense and prescribe birth control methods appropriate to each client's contraceptive needs- Insertion and removal of IUDs and Nexplanon devices
- Provide medication abortion services
Contact Eileen Schnitger at email@example.com
Full Time Bilingual Phone Counselor
Women's Health Specialists of Chico is looking for a reliable, quick learning, and pro-choice individual to be a full time Phone Counselor who is bilingual in English and Spanish. The phone counseling department is many women's first experience with the clinic. Duties include, scheduling appointments, determining eligibility for the Family Pact Program and the Every Woman Counts Program, checking insurance coverage before client's appointment, and directing phone calls to clinic supervisors as appropriate. We hire for passion and train for skill, so prior experience with insurances is not necessary.
Requirements: High School Graduate or GED, required Bilingual in English/Spanish
Candidates must possess the following: • People skills; customer service skills • Organizational and time management skills • An interest in women's health • An interest in all areas of the practice: administrative ("front"), financial, medical, etc. • Problem solving • Follow-through and thoroughness • Written and verbal communication skills: direct, prompt and effective • Medical Record knowledge • Computer skills, EHR experience a plus • Skill with numbers, counting, and detailed record keeping • Ability to take direction • Ability to ask questions and participate fully in learning process • Flexibility, multitasking and willingness to learn and "go anywhere" s/he's needed.The ideal candidate: • Speaks Spanish • Is flexible and cooperative • Loves to learn new things, jumps in and asks questions, participates actively in the learning process.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit continuously to be able to perform job functions. Must be able to continuously use a keyboard and perform typing. Must be able to occasionally move, lift, or carry 20 lbs. or less.
Compensation: Salary begins at $10.50 per hour
Benefits include PTO, and health insurance for full time employment.
Instructions for applying: Qualified applicants may send a letter of interest or cover letter and resume. A letter of interest or cover letter must accompany your resume to be considered for the position. No calls, please.
Contact Kim Edmonds at firstname.lastname@example.org