Women’s Health Specialists of California (WHS) is a Feminist Women’s Health Center providing reproductive health services, including abortion care, birth control and sexual health screening. We have served over 35,000 women and men per year since opening in 1975. Our non-profit organization operates four licensed community clinics and four satellite sites, serving a 40 county region of California. Other WHS programs include: Adoption Choices of Northern California, Young Women’s Health Leadership Program, and the Community Outreach and Education Program.
“We have a vision: A world where women control their own bodies, reproduction and sexuality. Women’s Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating all options for all women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.”
Clinic Manager Grass Valley, California
Women’s Health Specialists of Northern California (WHS) is a feminist women’s health center providing reproductive health services to women and men since 1975. WHS seeks a strong, pro-choice Clinic Manager of all combined medical services, quality assurance, training and education, staffing, regulatory compliance and clinical service development. Candidate must have the ability to travel in a multi-county region.
We have a vision: A world where women can control their own bodies, reproduction and sexuality. Women’s Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating all options for all women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.
WHS seeks an enthusiastic experienced person with a passion. The Clinic Manager is responsible for the overall development, management, recruitment, training and supervision of clinic staff and services. The Clinic Manager leads a team of medical, clerical and educational staff.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Acts as on-site Manager
- Assures adherence and maintenance of all WHS protocols and policies
- Staff scheduling
- Oversees Intake Procedures and client flow
- Assigns and coordinates follow up on billing errors or issues.
- Facility Maintenance
- Infection Control
- Clinic Follow-up and Lab Follow-up
- Answering Service
- Chart Review, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement
- Reports regularly to the Clinic Director.
- Participates in management groups, staff meetings
- Participates in WHS public relations and community events as requestedSkills, Talents, Abilities Required:
- Experienced in Electronic Medical Records
- Creative problem solving
- Manage multiple tasks.
- Analyze, organize and evaluate data.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change.
- Effective oral and written communications with good writing skills.
- Effective, motivating supervisory skills.
Send resume and a cover letter of interest to: Cindy Xiong, email@example.com. No calls please. Priority will be given to those individuals who write a letter of interest, outlining what they can offer and why they want to work at WHS.
NP, CNM or PA-C Position-Grass Valley
Women's Health Specialists is looking for a reliable, sharp, pro-choice clinician part time. Duties include providing nursing and medical care to clients seeking reproductive healthcare, being a medical resource to the clinic team, and following established protocols.
· Obtain, record, review, and interpret the medical and social history of clients
· Perform physical exams for clients of all gender expression with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast exams, pelvic exams, genital exams, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections, etc.
· Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic studies as indicated by protocols.
· Dispense and prescribe birth control methods appropriate to each client's contraceptive needs- Insertion and removal of IUDs and Nexplanon devices
· Provide medication abortion services
· Current California Licensure (RN/NP, PA-C, CNM)
· Current Furnishing License (or willingness to obtain) in the state of California
· Experience in Women's Health desirable
· Must agree with the goals and philosophy of Women's Health Specialists
Please email your letter of interest and resume to: Cindy Xiong at firstname.lastname@example.org.