Women’s Health Specialists of California (WHS) is a Feminist Women’s Health Center providing reproductive health services, including abortion care, birth control and sexual health screening. We have served over 35,000 women and men per year since opening in 1975. Our non-profit organization operates four licensed community clinics and four satellite sites, serving a 40 county region of California. Other WHS programs include: Adoption Choices of Northern California, Young Women’s Health Leadership Program, and the Community Outreach and Education Program.
“We have a vision: A world where women control their own bodies, reproduction and sexuality. Women’s Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating all options for all women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.”
Outreach Driver Part Time- Chico
Women's Health Specialists is looking for a reliable, pro-choice Outreach Driver to provide WHS information, appointment assistance and travel assistance to prospective clients, specifically people affected by the CAMP Fire. WHS will provide vehicle for use during assigned duties.
WHS Outreach Drivers are compassionate, caring, reliable and responsible individuals charged with getting clients to and from WHS health service appointments safely and on time. Outreach Drivers call attention to appointment service through community information distribution.
- Show up to work and all appointments in a timely manner
- Distribute WHS outreach and appointment assistance information.
- Develop contacts within the community
- Drive clients to and from their WHS appointments on time
- Report to front desk that clients have arrived at WHS
- Report any incidents or accidents to the supervisor
- Adhere to all WHS company policies and protocols
- Track and updates referrals, maintain activity log
- Extra Duties as assigned
- Must have previous customer service experience with a good track record of assisting customers in a thoughtful, caring and timely manner
- Must possess a valid California Class A License (for at least 2 years)
- Must have a clean driving record with no points
- Must provide proof of driver’s insurance
- Must have a great work history with a track record of being a reliable responsible individual and must provide references from previous employers.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
NP, CNM or PA-C Position-Redding
Women's Health Specialists is looking for a reliable, sharp, pro-choice clinician, full time or part time. Duties include providing nursing and medical care to clients seeking reproductive healthcare, being a medical resource to the clinic team, and following established protocols.
- Obtain, record, review, and interpret the medical and social history of clients
- Perform physical exams for clients of all gender expression with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast exams, pelvic exams, genital exams, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections, etc.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic studies as indicated by protocols.
- Dispense and prescribe birth control methods appropriate to each client's contraceptive needs- Insertion and removal of IUDs and Nexplanon devices
- Provide medication abortion services
- Current California Licensure (RN/NP, PA-C, CNM)
- Current Furnishing License (or willingness to obtain) in the state of California
- Experience in Women's Health desirable
- Must agree with the goals and philosophy of Women's Health Specialists
Please email your letter of interest and resume to: Marikathryn Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org.