Women’s Health Specialists of California (WHS) is a Feminist Women’s Health Center providing reproductive health services, including abortion care, birth control and sexual health screening. We have served over 35,000 women and men per year since opening in 1975. Our non-profit organization operates four licensed community clinics and four satellite sites, serving a 40 county region of California. Other WHS programs include: Adoption Choices of Northern California, Young Women’s Health Leadership Program, and the Community Outreach and Education Program.
“We have a vision: A world where women control their own bodies, reproduction and sexuality. Women’s Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating all options for all women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.”
Outreach Coordinator - Part Time Position based in Chico, CA
Women’s Health Specialists of Northern California (WHS) is a Feminist Women’s Health Center providing reproductive services, including abortion care, birth control and sexual health screenings. WHS seeks a strong, pro-abortion Outreach Coordinator to promote the WHS organization, philosophy and services. The individual will increase WHS visibility in the community as a health facility and as a grassroots community organization that promotes social change. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the outreach in the Chico and Grass Valley Clinics. The Candidate must have the ability to travel in a multi-county region. Our goal is to continue to build a network in the community to help members receive appropriate compassionate care. We are an outstanding team of dedicated individuals that work not only to better lives through prevention and health education but to advance reproductive justice for all people.
WHS Mission: We have a vision: A world where women can control their own bodies, reproduction and sexuality. Women’s Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating all options for women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.
- Coordinate, plan and organize all public relations and community outreach activities in Chico and Grass Valley.
- Promote WHS through face to face street outreach with potential clients in underserved areas.
- Increase the visibility of WHS services to individuals and referral organizations.
- Distributes promotional materials at community events, health fairs, businesses and organizations.
- Recruit, supervise and inspire outreach volunteers and clinic escorts.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and annual events.
- Record and analyze data on all education and outreach activities.
- Communicate well with verbal and written skills.
- Facilitate and organize trainings and group education sessions.
- Use computer skills including word processing and database programs.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff in a team environment.
- Report regularly to the Public Relations Director.
- Participate in management groups and staff meetings.
- Represent WHS in community, state-wide and national membership associations as requested.
Skills, Talents, Abilities Required:
- Work with public on many levels professionally and appropriately.
- Must be able to maintain professional, confidential and non-judgmental attitude.
- Establish rapport with others in business and community settings.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Apply to: Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org priority will be given to those who write a letter of interest telling what they can offer and why they want to work at WHS. Check out our website at www.cawhs.org Open October 23rd, 2019. Close date November 8th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
NP, CNM or PA-C Position-Redding
Women's Health Specialists is looking for a reliable, sharp, pro-choice clinician, full time or part time. Duties include providing nursing and medical care to clients seeking reproductive healthcare, being a medical resource to the clinic team, and following established protocols.
- Obtain, record, review, and interpret the medical and social history of clients
- Perform physical exams for clients of all gender expression with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast exams, pelvic exams, genital exams, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections, etc.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic studies as indicated by protocols.
- Dispense and prescribe birth control methods appropriate to each client's contraceptive needs- Insertion and removal of IUDs and Nexplanon devices
- Provide medication abortion services
- Current California Licensure (RN/NP, PA-C, CNM)
- Current Furnishing License (or willingness to obtain) in the state of California
- Experience in Women's Health desirable
- Must agree with the goals and philosophy of Women's Health Specialists
Please email your letter of interest and resume to: Marikathryn Hendrix at email@example.com.