What Is The Abortion Pill?
The abortion pill is made of two drugs that stop the pregnancy's development, and cause a miscarriage.
It was developed in 2000, and is about 95% effective.
The abortion pill is not the morning after pill. The morning after pill prevents pregnancies, the abortion pill terminates pregnancies.
The Abortion Pill Is For Pregnancies Up To 9 Weeks.
When Do I Take It?
Mifeprex can be taken from the time a woman knows she is pregnant up to seven weeks after the beginning of the last menstrual period. You can use this drug to end your pregnancy if you are no more than nine weeks pregnant.
It successful 95% of the time. If it is not successful, we will complete the procedure with an in-patient early abortion.
How Does It Work?
RU 486 is made of two drugs, Mifepristone and Misopristol.
After the second medication is administered, 75% of women start their miscarriage within 4-8 hours. The miscarriage process usually lasts for a few hours, just like a natural miscarriage. Also, like a natural miscarriage, you will have some amount of discomfort (cramping) and bleeding through the process. It is important to return to your provider to get a sonogram to make sure this miscarriage was complete.
The Abortion Pill Is DIFFERENT From The Morning After Pill
To get pregnant, you must have sperm enter your body vaginally, without barriers like condoms or birth control, around the same time that you are releasing an egg. The process of your ovary releasing an egg is called ovulation. When a released egg is fertilized by sperm, it may then implant into the wall of the uterus, creating a pregnancy.
The morning after pill prevents an egg from being released. The abortion pill causes a termination of the pregnancy.
THE MORNING AFTER PILL PREVENTS PREGNANCY
- As soon as possible after having unprotected vaginal intercourse, take the morning after pill to prevent pregnancy.
- You do not take a pregnancy test before getting the morning after pill.
- You can get the morning after pill at the clinic, without age restrictions.
- You do not need a prescription for the morning after pill.
- If you are already pregnant when you take the pill, you will remain pregnant.
THE ABORTION PILL ENDS A PREGNANCY.
- To take the abortion pill, you must be pregnant.
- To get the abortion pill, you must take a pregnancy test.
- You must be prescribed the pills by clinic staff.
- The pills terminate a pregnancy.
- There are not age restrictions for an abortion.
- You are very fertile after your procedure.
For more questions, please call us. 1.800.714.8151