Clinic Manager Grass Valley, California
Women’s Health Specialists of Northern California (WHS) is a feminist women’s health center providing reproductive health services to women and men since 1975. WHS seeks a strong, pro-choice Clinic Manager of all combined medical services, quality assurance, training and education, staffing, regulatory compliance, and clinical service development. Candidate must have the ability to travel in a multi-county region.
Women's Health Specialists promotes positive images of women and provides clients with a new perspective on their bodies and health. We give women the tools to evaluate their real health care needs and regard their bodies and life stages as normal. Our goal is to empower women through support, education, self-help, and services to be able to make the best health care decisions for themselves. We put women's health in women's hands.
We have a vision: A world where women control their own bodies, reproduction, and sexuality. The Feminist Women's Health Center/Women's Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating for all options for all women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.
FILLING THE NEED
WHS is the largest women’s Health provider in a 14 county region of Northern California. Ninety percent of our clients come in for family planning related services. The WHS sees approximately 14,000 clients each year. Eighty percent of our clientele qualify for free or reduced-cost services. WHS provides services on a sliding fee scale and provides health service to all clients regardless of their ability to pay. Thousands of women and their partners receive birth control and gynecological health care that they would not otherwise, because WHS provides services regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Our clientele is racially and culturally representative of Northern California where 68% are White-European; 20% are Hispanic, 5% are African American, 5% Asian/Pacific Islander; and 2% Native American.
- Well Woman Gynecological Care
- Family Planning/Birth Control Services
- Youth Education Services
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
- Call Center for Reproductive Health and Referrals
- Comprehensive Abortion Care
- Adoption Choices of Northern California
- Outreach and Education Program: Speakers Bureau/ Lecture Series
- Staff and Internship Training Program
- Physician Training Program
- Mid-Level Practitioners Training
- Women's Health Advocacy and Partnership
- Young Women’s Leadership Program
- Transgender Services: Hormone Therapy for Female to Male (F to M or FTM) and Male to Female (M to F or MTF)
Diversity is a core value at Women’s Health Specialists of California. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and growth environment for all employees. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
Women's Health Specialists is looking for a reliable, sharp, pro-choice, enthusiastic experienced person with a passion. The Clinic Manager is responsible for the overall development, management, recruitment, training and supervision of clinic staff and services. The Clinic Manager leads a team of medical, clerical and educational staff.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Acts as on-site Manager
- Assures adherence and maintenance of all WHS protocols and policies
- Staff scheduling
- Oversees Intake Procedures and client flow
- Assigns and coordinates follow up on billing errors or issues.
- Facility Maintenance
- Infection Control
- Clinic Follow-up and Lab Follow-up
- Answering Service
- Chart Review, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement
- Reports regularly to the Clinic Director.
- Participates in management groups, staff meetings
- Participates in WHS public relations and community events as requestedSkills, Talents, Abilities Required:
- Experienced in Electronic Medical Records
- Creative problem solving
- Manage multiple tasks.
- Analyze, organize and evaluate data.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change.
- Effective oral and written communications with good writing skills.
- Effective, motivating supervisory skills.
*Priority will be given to those individuals who write a letter of interest, outlining what they can offer and why they want to work at WHS.