Women’s Health Specialists of California
Position: Advanced Practice Clinician (NP, CNM or PA-C)
Reports to: Director of Health Services/Medical Director
Classification: Part Time/Full time
Salary Range: $42-60 an hour
Location: Grass Valley, California
Women's Health Specialists promotes positive images of women and people of all genders, and provides clients with a new perspective on their bodies and health. We give women the tools to evaluate their real health care needs and regard their bodies and life stages as normal. Our goal is to empower women through support, education, self-help, and services to be able to make the best health care decisions for themselves.
Women's Health Specialists is looking for a reliable, sharp, pro-choice clinician, part time or full time, Monday through Thursday, 8 hour shifts. Duties include providing nursing and medical care to clients seeking reproductive healthcare, being a medical resource to the clinic team, and following established protocols.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Obtain, record, review, and interpret the medical and social history of clients
- Perform physical exams for clients of all gender expression with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast exams, pelvic exams, genital exams, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections, etc.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic studies as indicated by protocols.
- Dispense and prescribe birth control methods appropriate to each client's contraceptive needs- Insertion and removal of IUDs and Nexplanon devices
- Provide medication abortion services
- Reports to Director of Health Services and Medical Director
- Current California Licensure (RN/NP, PA-C, CNM)
- Current Furnishing License (or willingness to obtain) in the state of California
- Experience in Women's Health desirable
- Must agree with the goals and philosophy of Women's Health Specialists
FILLING THE NEED
WHS is the largest women’s Health provider in a 14 county region of Northern California. Ninety percent of our clients come in for family planning related services. The WHS sees approximately 14,000 clients each year. Eighty percent of our clientele qualify for free or reduced-cost services. WHS provides services on a sliding fee scale and provides health service to all clients regardless of their ability to pay. Thousands of women and their partners receive birth control and gynecological health care that they would not otherwise, because WHS provides services regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Our clientele is racially and culturally representative of Northern California where 68% are White-European; 20% are Hispanic, 5% are African American, 5% Asian/Pacific Islander; and 2% Native American.
- Well Woman Gynecological Care
- Family Planning/Birth Control Services
- Youth Education Services
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
- Call Center for Reproductive Health and Referrals
- Comprehensive Abortion Care
- Adoption Choices of Northern California
- Outreach and Education Program: Speakers Bureau/ Lecture Series
- Staff and Internship Training Program
- Physician Training Program
- Mid-Level Practitioners Training
- Women's Health Advocacy and Partnership
- Young Women’s Leadership Program
- Transgender Services: Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
Diversity is a core value at Women’s Health Specialists of California. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and growth environment for all employees. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties.
Women’s Health Specialists of California is an equal employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance