Women’s Health Specialists of California
Outreach Coordinator - Part Time Position based in Chico, CA
Position: Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Public Relations Director
Classification: 32 Hours Week
Location: Chico, California
Women’s Health Specialists of Northern California (WHS) is a Feminist Women’s Health Center providing reproductive services, including abortion care, birth control and sexual health screenings. WHS seeks a strong, pro-abortion Outreach Coordinator to promote the WHS organization, philosophy and services. The individual will increase WHS visibility in the community as a health facility and as a grassroots community organization that promotes social change. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the outreach in the Chico and Grass Valley Clinics. The Candidate must have the ability to travel in a multi-county region. Our goal is to continue to build a network in the community to help members receive appropriate compassionate care. We are an outstanding team of dedicated individuals that work not only to better lives through prevention and health education but to advance reproductive justice for all people.
WHS Mission: We have a vision: A world where women can control their own bodies, reproduction and sexuality. Women’s Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating all options for women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.
- Coordinate, plan, and organize all public relations and community outreach activities in Chico and Grass Valley.
- Promote WHS through face-to-face street outreach with potential clients in underserved areas.
- Increase the visibility of WHS services to individuals and referral organizations.
- Distributes promotional materials at community events, health fairs, businesses, and organizations.
- Recruit, supervise and inspire outreach volunteers and clinic escorts.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and annual events.
- Record and analyze data on all education and outreach activities.
- Communicate well with verbal and written skills.
- Facilitate and organize trainings and group education sessions.
- Use computer skills including word processing and database programs.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff in a team environment.
- Report regularly to the Public Relations Director.
- Participate in management groups and staff meetings.
- Represent WHS in community, state-wide and national membership associations as requested.
Skills, Talents, Abilities Required:
- Work with public on many levels professionally and appropriately.
- Must be able to maintain professional, confidential and non-judgmental attitude.
- Establish rapport with others in business and community settings.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Apply to: Please click the "Apply Now" button bellow. For more information, email Danielle at email@example.com Applications will not be accepted without a letter of interest. Close date May 22nd, 2023 at 5:00 pm or until position is filled.
Women’s Health Specialists of California is an equal employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression.