Women’s Health Specialists of California
Position: Front office/Intake
Reports to: Director of Health Services
Classification: Full time
Salary Range: $16 hourly
Location: Grass Valley, California
Women's Health Specialists promotes positive images of women and provides clients with a new perspective on their bodies and health. We give women the tools to evaluate their real health care needs and regard their bodies and life stages as normal. Our goal is to empower women through support, education, self-help, and services to be able to make the best health care decisions for themselves. We put women's health in women's hands.
We have a vision: A world where women control their own bodies, reproduction, and sexuality. The Feminist Women's Health Center/Women's Health Specialists is dedicated to providing women-controlled health care and advocating for all options for all women. Only with dignity and freedom of choice can women achieve their full potential.
FILLING THE NEED
WHS is the largest women’s Health provider in a 14 county region of Northern California. Ninety percent of our clients come in for family planning related services. The WHS sees approximately 14,000 clients each year. Eighty percent of our clientele qualify for free or reduced-cost services. WHS provides services on a sliding fee scale and provides health service to all clients regardless of their ability to pay. Thousands of women and their partners receive birth control and gynecological health care that they would not otherwise, because WHS provides services regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Our clientele is racially and culturally representative of Northern California where 68% are White-European; 20% are Hispanic, 5% are African American, 5% Asian/Pacific Islander; and 2% Native American.
- Well Woman Gynecological Care
- Family Planning/Birth Control Services
- Youth Education Services
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
- Call Center for Reproductive Health and Referrals
- Comprehensive Abortion Care
- Adoption Choices of Northern California
- Outreach and Education Program: Speakers Bureau/ Lecture Series
- Staff and Internship Training Program
- Physician Training Program
- Mid-Level Practitioners Training
- Women's Health Advocacy and Partnership
- Young Women’s Leadership Program
- Transgender Services: Hormone Therapy for Female to Male (F to M or FTM) and Male to Female (M to F or MTF)
Diversity is a core value at Women’s Health Specialists of California. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and growth environment for all employees. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
WHS seeks an enthusiastic experienced person with a passion. The Front office is a reliable, quick learning, and pro-choice individual.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Acts in her job duty according to the Reception Procedure.
- Acts in her job duty according to the Financial Procedures instituted by WHS.
- Must be able to deal with clients and their friends/families in a courteous and respectful way in person or over the phone.
- Keeps client’s name and reason for visit confidential through the check in process until woman is in a confidential area.
- Takes calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Is responsible for delivering mail to appropriate staff and notifies manage/supervisor/coordinator/inventory healthworker when supplies arrive.
- Special circumstances surround the API shipment
- Is responsible for the front waiting room appearance and tidiness
- Notifies Clinic Coordinator/Supervisor/Manager right away, in a way that does not incite panic in the clinic, if there are safety concerns in the front waiting room or parking lot (seen or reported).
- Light clerical duties as requested/needed:
- Insurance verification, donation transactions
- Responsible for the daily accounting and deposit of any non-insurance payments or donations received.
Skills, Talents, Abilities Required:
- Experienced in Electronic Medical Records
- Creative problem solving
- Manage multiple tasks.
- Analyze, organize and evaluate data.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change.
- Effective oral and written communications with good writing skills.
- Effective, motivating supervisory skills.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Clinic Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties.
Women’s Health Specialists of California is an equal employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression.